SYRINX Bioanalytics is a CRO focusing on the bioanalysis and immunogenicity testing of biological drugs, vaccines and biomarkers using state-of-the-art immunological and cell based methods as well as on SPR and RIA analysis of small molecules.
SYRINX plans its future in long term with high attention on quality and sustainable development of the company. SYRINX is targeting to a controlled growth by investing proactively in human resources and in its own research on new emerging techniques.
Our own research is focusing on the development of novel assays and techniques for the measurement of macromolecules, especially in the field of immunogenicity testing.
- Quality excellence in all aspects
- Customers are the focus of our operations
- SYRINX is its people - employees have an opportunity to reach their full potential
SYRINX logo (jpg)
CROFinland logo (jpg)
SYRINX Bioanalytics has well educated staff experienced in research and development of biopharmaceuticals, analytical development, in vitro -diagnostics, good laboratory practice (GLP) and quality assurance (QA).
Board and management
Syrinx Bioanalytics is fully owned by its management:
- Dr. Timo Piironen, Scientific Director, Adjunct Professor, Chairman of the board
- Dr. Sari Liitti, CEO
- Ilari Vainio
Founded in 2007 SYRINX is a spin-off from Bayer Schering Pharma.
The core activities of SYRINX trace back to the bioanalytical laboratory, which was established during the 1980s. Through the years the unit with all its competence has through ownership changes migrated from Leiras to Schering, via Bayer Schering Pharma, and finally SYRINX Bioanalytics.
Before SYRINX the laboratory achieved the status of global competence center of bioanalysis for biological drugs and small molecules utilizing immunological and cell based techniques. Whereas ownership and companies have come and gone the competence of the bioanalytical laboratory has remained strong and vibrant, reminding us of its important role in the drug development processes
- Piironen T et al. Immunofluorometric assay for sensitive and specific measurement of human prostatic glandular kallikrein (hK2) in serum. Clin Chem 42:1034,1996.
- Piironen T et al. Determination and analysis of antigenic epitopes of prostate specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein 2 (hK2) using synthetic peptides and computer modeling. Protein Science 7:259,1998.
- Piironen T et al. Measurement of Circulating Forms of Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) in Whole Blood Immediately after Venipuncture: Implications for Point-of-Care Testing. Clin Chem 47:703,2001.
- Holten-Andersen M et. al. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies to tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1. J Clin Ligand Assay 25:87,2002.
- Piironen T et al. Specific immunoassays for detection of intact and cleaved forms of the urokinase receptor. Clin Chem 50:2059,2004.
- Ostrowski SR et al. High plasma levels of cleaved and intact soluble urokinase receptor reflect immune activation and are independent predictors of mortality in HIV-1-infected patients. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:23,2005.
- Piironen T et al. Enhanced discrimination of benign from malignant prostatic disease by selective measurements of cleaved forms of urokinase receptor in serum. Clin Chem 52:838,2006.